The Controller is accountable for the global accounting operations of the company, including payroll, the production of financial reports, maintenance of a robust system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The Controller will support the CFO’s efforts to drive strategic growth, including through mergers and acquisitions, profitability analysis, pricing, financing, and currency and cash management.
The Controller must have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for period closings and an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Supporting the CFO in the budget process
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- 12-15 years general accounting experience
- CPA and Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Financial, or Business
Administration preferred, Masters a plus
- General Ledger & Chart of Accounts
- Period close and official financial statement
- Strength with Audit, Tax, Banking, Cash flow and currency management
- Ability to supervise Payroll
- Outstanding Excel skills, experience with Quick Books as well as middle or top tier accounting/ERP systems
- Experience implementing accounting system design and systems migration
- Experience in a multinational company
- Experience with M&A integration
- Exceptional communication, written and verbal skills
- Ability to communicate with clients
- Position can be virtual or part time in office
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to lift, bend, etc.
- Must possess sight/hearing/speech senses, or use prosthetic that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Distraction free virtual office