Fraud Prevention Analyst, Work from Home
About OnProcess Technology
OnProcess Technology is a business optimization specialist for the post-sale value chain, digitizing and streamlining service and supply chain processes.
We are a trusted advisor to many of the world’s leading technology, medical device, wireless, broadband, manufacturing, and logistics companies. Providing services in 26 languages and operating in global facilities, OnProcess delivers a follow the sun model, with global headquarters in the greater Boston area.
What we offer for Full-time
- Medical and Dental, paid time off, retirement savings plans, flexible spending, company sponsored Employment Assistance Program and professional development.
- Work life balance! Work from the comforts of your home!
- Great Employee Referral Bonus!
- Fun and supportive work from home culture with activities and incentives
- Virtual coffees, focus groups and community events all online!
About the Position
We are looking for full-time, remote (work-from-home) detail oriented, fraud prevention analysts to help us ensure a positive and supportive experience for our clients. Available shift times vary, with some including second shift, day, evenings and weekends. Training is a day shift, paid model. This is an amazing opportunity- all from the comfort of your home. Internal OnProcess applicants encouraged to apply.
The Fraud Prevention Analyst will be a Level IV Representative and will support end to end provisioning within Supply Chain Management. Fraud Analysis Agent monitors account activity to detect possible warranty fraud. You will also perform case management to identify back end fraud through use of fraud detection best practices and a variety of internal and external tools or technology resources. This position may be required to make contact with any and all stakeholders in the supply chain including customers and manufacturers. When necessary, representative may be required to provide appropriate information to law enforcement entities as the request of the client. As a result of customer contact, he/she updates the company database with all appropriate information. The Fraud Prevention Analyst also supports all quality assurance efforts and program criteria.
Logistics Service Representative Level IV, Fraud Prevention Analyst requires the following:
- HS diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of data analytics experience required
- Fraud analysis experience preferred
- Pass background check and drug test
Logistics Service Representative Level IV, Fraud Prevention Analyst should:
- Be a self-starter and self-motivator
- Logical decision maker with the ability to articulate justification for actions
- Meticulous with an eye for detail
- Knowledge of Excel
- Type 45 WPM or better with 98%+ accuracy (communications about cases can become legal exhibits or other legal records)
- Use of own computer initially through interview process and initial on-boarding
- Operating System: Windows 7/Mac 10.1 or better
- CPU: Intel i5 2xxx series or better with integrated HD Graphics 2000 series or better
- Graphics: Direct X 10.0 compatible, 512 Mb minimum graphics memory
- Ram: 2 Gb RAM minimum
- Minimum internet bandwidth of 25MB download and 5MB upload
- Employee will be on webcam for day to day shift
- Hard wire the computer within 25 feet of a network jack
WORK ENVIRONMENT / Virtual Home
- Daily operation of various office based equipment: telephone & voice mail operating system. Desktop/laptop computer, e-mail system
- May be required to sit or stand (presentations/meetings) for extended periods of time
- May spend extended periods operating desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; and communicating on the computer, webcam, telephone and in writing
- Light lifting of paperwork, folders or other general record keeping materials
- Distraction free office or space
- New hires will need own computer to start; necessary equipment will be sent
- Shift will be executed on webcam