Head of Data & Analytics Practice
The Head of Data & Analytics Practice is to maximize the business value of Data Intelligence across all aspects of the OnProcess Technology enterprise. Within this newly established practice group, an exciting opportunity awaits you on a team that is responsible for supporting some of OnProcess Technology's most visible initiatives.
The Head of Data & Analytics Practice will require a passionate, business-oriented Data and Technology leader who can provide strategic leadership and management in the design and delivery of the services and technologies used to support Data Science and Analytical Services or Products.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer; the individual leading in this area will guide the business in defining Data Strategy for the entire portfolio of services.
The ideal candidate will bring creativity, vision, and passion to the organization and be able to get into the details while providing strategic, technical, operating expertise and guidance. You will ensure that all data or analytics investments align to broader Global OnProcess GoDigital! strategy. Through very close collaboration with the Business and Operational Delivery teams you will ensure that all proposed "Engage" IT services align to their capability requirements and operating strategies. Regular client contact at all levels will be a core component of the role and you therefore will be responsible where necessary for building exceptional and effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- Lead OnProcess Technology Data Factory service strategy, scope and vendor management and run the vision and roadmap to cover data service and data operations.
- Work closely with stakeholders throughout OnProcess Technology organization to identify opportunities to improve data process, realize optimization and efficiency associated with analytics via data-driven approaches.
- Master the applied analytics used within our go-to-market strategy and lead the definition and implementation of additional trailblazing methodologies to create competitive differential for OnProcess Technology
- Lead, coordinate, and communicate work across teams from both business and technology functions.
- Structure and organize large datasets and derive actionable insights for the business and OPT clients.
- Apply data mining, data transformation, and develop statistical/optimization models.
- Create meaningful data visualization or outputs files to communicate findings with stakeholders (internal/external).
- Work with product leadership to implement information and data services tools into a production environment.
- A highly articulate, customer facing individual with at least 10+ years relevant experience who must possess the business knowledge necessary to align technology-related decisions with the organization's goals.
- Develop analytic models using skills such as data wrangling, algorithm design, prototype development & deployment.
- Support cross-function teams on Supply Chain Complexity decisions with insights gained from analytics tools and visualization from the data.
- Knowledge in Supply Chain Analytics is highly preferable
- Master's Degree in Data Science, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in data visualization, machine learning, or optimization
- 5 or more years of experience in more than one of the following:
- 5+ years of experience with mathematical programming, optimization/simulation techniques, data mining, or statistical analysis
- Experience with SQL, Hadoop Alteryx, QlikView, Tableau, Power BI, Knime, Talend, Snowflake and other cloud data management solutions
- Proficiency in analytic languages and frameworks such as Python, R, CPLEX, MATLAB, or Java
- Acquire a deep understanding of the business problems, define problem scope from business requests, and translate business requirements to analytical projects.
- Apply Design Thinking to the central question.
- Work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. Interpret results and communicate them to technical and non-technical audiences, cross-functional teams, and executive leadership.
- Support adhoc requests and serve as insight provider/consultant for business units.
- Have ownership of projects related to data and analytics, create project plans, track project progress, and host user group meetings.
- Provide training and maintenance of implemented tools to stakeholders.
- Able to understand and transform various data structures, excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Proven proficiency in developing analytic models, working in a team environment, supporting customer/end users.
- Ability to deep dive complex processes and break them down to understand the nuances of how they work and connect with other processes
- Experience with analyzing complex non-linear systems, performing discrete-event or agent-based simulation
- Possess a strong understanding of network science and ability to apply its principles to organizational processes
- Comfortable working in an environment where problems are not always well-defined
- Inquisitive, proactive, and interested in learning new tools and techniques
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Combination of direct reports (approximately 10) and matrix teams / resources as required for the delivery of services
- This position is based remotely - Travel as required to perform duties effectively but not to exceed 25%
- OPT Headquarters in Boston, MA
What we offer Full-Time
- Medical and Dental, paid time off, retirement savings plans, flexible spending, company sponsored Employment Assistance Program and professional development.
- Work life balance! Work from the comforts of your home!
- Great Employee Referral Bonus!
- Fun and supportive work from home culture with activities and incentives
* Must be able to lift, bend and Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day etc.
* Must possess sight/hearing/speech senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses