MSBI (SSRS/SQL Server) developer (Contractual)
OnProcess is a trusted advisor to many of the world’s leading technology, medical device, wireless, broadband, manufacturing, and logistics companies. Founded in 1998 and providing services in 26 languages and operating in seven global facilities, OnProcess delivers a follow the sun model, with global headquarters in the greater Boston area. We have made significant investments in technology platforms, analytics, and artificial intelligence capabilities to support our go to market services.
The OnProcess Technology team is a 100+ organization that is tasked with the creation and support of all technology needed to provide world class level services in the service supply chain field. The team is global in its execution with members based in Ashland, Massachusetts, Kolkata, India; Sofia, Bulgaria and Kiev, Ukraine. The technology environment is based on a mobile and cloud first approach; with hybrid Azure based Cloud Services and Microsoft based technologies providing the foundation for all development.
- Strong skill required to design and develop stored procedures, queries and views in SQL server and necessary to support SSRS reports.
- Extensive experience in MS SQL Server 2016/2012/2008 R2Business Intelligence in MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experienced in writing Parameterized SQL Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2016/2012/2008 R2
- Experienced in creating various Parameterized, Cascaded, Linked and Drill-through & Drill-down reports and writing complex expression in SSRS.
- Efficient in up gradation and migration from legacy system to SQL Server 2016.
- Work extensively on system analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of projects (Complete SDLC) and capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member.
- Modified SP's and formulated basic coding and scripting to be utilized for reports within the organization
- Analyzed data models, data relationships, and dependencies for greatest optimization.
- Performed functional and performance QA testing
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack LIKE SSRS extensively.
- 5+ years of experience in SQL server development including Data warehouse concept.
- Should have extensive knowledge of Store procedures, User defined functions, Views, T-sql scripting for complex business logic. Optimized the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and index views. Using aggregate strategies to aggregate data, sorting and joining tables.
- Extensively using join and sub-queries for complex queries which were involving multiple tables from different databases. Analyzing data and re-mapping fields based on business requirements.
- Experience of Test Driven Development and carrying out various testing (unit testing, integration testing and performance testing) in respective environments.
- Should be Quick learner and good performer both in team and independent job environments.
- Knowledge in MS-Access and Excel (Optional)
Work Environment -
- Typical office hours would have OVERLAP with US EST working hours (8 AM EST to 5 PM EST) with flexible work schedule based on project and team members participation and shift schedule
- Expect daily use of video conferencing and video presentations when remote and as part of an international team.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: job_20200727111154_JAHTBSWBOFH8B43Q